Thursday 13 July 2017

I hate you Depression


" I hate you depression. 


You haunt me and turn up when you are not welcome. 

You disappear for months on end then bang, you're back expecting to be fed and watered. 

I know you have always been a part of me, I just never wanted to admit it to myself. 

But, you forget I am an organiser. 

I know your powers. I know your weaknesses. 

This time I'm ready for you. 

Do your worst I fear you no more!

Sssh, I'll let you into a little secret. 

I talk. 

I talk about you. 

I don't care what you say or do. 

Others know you. 

They have told me about you and what you do to them. 

Well Depression. 

We're not hiding away . 

We are talking and we are going to keep on talking because we know your game see. 

You seek to isolate us, keep us from talking to others just so we spend more and more time with you. 

We know it's not easy. You are strong but we are getting stronger together. 

We are standing together in solidarity which is something you don't like. 

I'm going now, do your worst, I'm not afraid of you anymore."

Wishing all good mental health 

Solidarity 

John 

No comments:

Post a Comment